Friday, May 02, 2008

Now those memories come back to haunt me...

Songs in the key of Life #2

The River is probably the first Springsteen song I fell in love with. And at that time, thats how I wanted my life to be- just like the story in the song:

And for my nineteenth birthday
I got a union card and a wedding coat
We went down to the courthouse
And the judge put it all to rest
No wedding day smiles no walk down the aisle
No flowers no wedding dress

For me, this song brings in memories of the first CD player in our home and the first couple of CDs, my brother got on his first trip to the US.
This is also the first rock song lyrics I memorized, start to finish, and I sang along each time it was played. I can still play this song shut in a room alone, sing along with all my energy, get moody at the end of it and not talk to anyone for three days.

1 comment:

Salomie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.