Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The joy of re-reading a classic

Re-reading Gerald Durrell's My family and another animals was the best thing I did in the last two rain-soaked, lazy days. The book moves forward slowly, with Durrell's spectacular prose detailing the looks and behaviour of insects, reptlies, mammals with wit and humor.

The sky-blue cover with illustrations of an owl, frog, scorpion, dog, lizard, pelican and tortoise was good enough for me to pick up the 50th anniversary edition of this book, last sunday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought I was the only one who keeps re-reading old classics!!
I read Anna Karenina many years ago and am reading it again now..

Biju Thankachan said...

You said it man, for so long I have been thinking of re-reading the my favorite books. You have boosted the urge... thanks... I am planning to get the entire Amar Chitra Katha series...those were the best days when I used to fight with my brother to lay hands on the newest comics...